Feb 25, 2013

Welcome




Welcome to Distinctly Yours – designs by lin 

In the past year,  my creative streak has been rejuvenated by personal and Facebook encounters with very talented artists.  So many new ideas and interests came flooding my way.  I thought this would be ideal to share what is whirling in my imagination --- and hope that you will share with me your world of creativity.

So what started this journey back into inks, paints, fiber, fabric, glitter, rubber stamping, embossing power, clay, paper?  I started  2012 attending a retreat in Rocky Hill KY (www.PKGlitz.com) where we played with glitter and embossing powder for 3 days.  A bonus is I was asked to be a designer  - and that started the creative juices flowing.  In August I attended the StampAway convention in Sharonville OH followed by the Creating Keepsakes Scrapbooking Convention in Nashville.  In October, I did a painting class with Peggy Harris, famous decorative artist, and my painting interest gravitated to critters. All these adventures brought new ideas, products and techniques – and a renewal in creating.

I met many people this past year that have inspired me without their knowing.  Each has left an imprint and given me new perspectives and appreciation.  Traditionally, I have done paper, fiber, fabric, painting, etc – but doodling and mixed media have peaked my interest.  This is a whole new world for me --- and I am excited as it is so different for me.

My most heartfelt thanks to Julie Shelander (www.entirelyapropos.blogspot.com) and Terri Sproul (www.terrisproul.blogspot.com) for helping me get this started.   Without them, I would still be at page 2 maybe of the blogging book.  Both are very busy women, but they found time to help me.  Thank you ladies from the bottom of my heart.

No doubt I will have some fine tuning as I progress with this blog, but today is the day I decided to jump in with both feet. I hope you will join me in my journey of art exploration (www.lingriffindesigns.blogspot.com and www.facebook.com/lingriffindesigns) and share with me yours

Now here it begins ---- all those art supplies and tools are gonna get a workout!! Now where did I put that paint brush??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment