Aug 15, 2013

Where Have I Been?

I just can't believe that I am so far behind in my blogging, but it is still an interest I want to pursue so hopefully all will hang in there with me when the dust settles.

The biggest event is an emotional one.  In May, I lost my Bailey (maltese/yorkie) despite all kinds of efforts to make him better.  Everything happened so quickly - so unexpected.  In early May, he was not eating so took him into my general vet who diagnosed lymphosarcoma and given a diagnosis of a few days to couple of weeks survival.  In my research K9 Immuity was recommended and it led me to a holostic vet in our area. That vet diagnosed ticks disease (similar symptoms) and we started his regimen to no avail. Bailey was with me about a month ago until I had to finally make the decision to have him euthanizsed on May 26 when his breathing became distressed.

The summer has flown by with other happenings.  My computer required a new hard drive about a month ago. Fortunately, I had backed up data but in those efforts 20,000 plus files were duplicated so I had to sort and delete them, resinstall programs, etc.  About 2 wks later, again had problems but this time Windows required reinstallation.  So again recovering with files, programs, etc.  Have Carbonite but it is so slow to backup data and now at about 2200 files pending backup.

Have visited a couple of friends in Ohio and Michigan and now preparing for two cruises (Mediterranean and Hawaii) in September and October.  Most excited about the Hawaiian one because it will be combined with a trip to Las Vegas to visit family and attend 60th year USAF Thunderbird reuntion.

So hopefully, things will get back in some semblance of normal and with a new resurgence of enthusiasm as each day gets easier with the loss of my Bailey..............

No comments:

Post a Comment