Apr 14, 2013

One thing leads to another --- a forgotten project found



Somehow life gets in the way and time for creativity seems to be at the bottom of the list.  As I get my squares checked on my ‘to do’ list – time to play gets nearer to the top.  

I discovered early last week that many of my Carbonite ‘recovery files’ from a computer crash of digital elements were empty to my horror.  Carbonite added to my woes in that during a recovery process it was interrupted. --- and the process started  all over again.  For whatever fluke, it put  sub-files in incorrect files as well as duplicates.  It took months to sort through them and I still have straggler files.  Fortunately, ScrapGirls (www.scrapgirls.com) can allow access to the missing purchased files.  So again, I am sorting, etc. over 10,000 files after many hours of downloading.  I fear going into my other accounts and checking other files…….oh well at least I have recovery processes available!

At any rate, as I was trying to increase hard drive storage capacity by eliminating files and during my browsing, I found this baby album I made my daughter-in-law when my first grandson was born. Since we live in different states, I didn’t yet have photos so I made an album for my DIL to easily and quickly insert those precious newborn photos.  

Brody's Newborn Baby Album
  
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS:
I used an acrylic front and back cover which presents challenges in layering pages and ultimately the photos since everything is visible.  

The cardstock pages are a checkered board pattern achieved by a gradation of sizes and alternating colors.  Those pages I left blank, but I always sign and add a message to my albums which is usually on the back cover.

I used a macramé technique of alternating right and left ribbon loops to embellish the metal rings that fasten the book together. 

I use a variety of adhesives depending on the application.  My favorites are: USArtQuest (PPA), Rubber Café (Scrap Happy Sheer Glue) and Sakura (3D Crystal Lacquer).  For areas of large coverage, I used a spray adhesive.  Sometimes I use Xyron film, but that can get pricey.




No comments:

Post a Comment